Could the Chrysler 100 have Stop Start Technology? - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #1 of 39 Old 06-11-2014, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Could the Chrysler 100 have Stop Start Technology?

It seems plausible considering its just been announced that the Chrysler 200 equipped with the 2.4 will have a stop start system. Which makes me think that the entire 100 range could see stop start. It would certainly provide another layer of differentiation between the 100 and the Dart...

http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php...p-for-2-4-only
post #2 of 39 Old 06-11-2014, 02:44 PM

i would rather it not have this tech, i've heard how problematic it can be at times
post #3 of 39 Old 06-11-2014, 04:50 PM

I haven't heard about it being problematic, but I have heard that people just don't like it. It makes the car less responsive because every time you start from a stop the engine has to turn on again. That minor inconvenience has to be worth the extra fuel savings that you get though.

I also agree that it is a good piece of tech to separate the Dart from the 100. Heck, if its good enough for a BMW then it should be good enough for the Chrysler 100.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 06-12-2014, 12:47 PM

it's great if you're always in stop and go traffic, i don't see this tech being too widespread since hybrid systems basically solve this issue
post #5 of 39 Old 06-25-2014, 10:20 AM

Fiat/Chrysler is putting this start/stop technology in the 200 and the Jeep Cherokee. Remember that Fiat also has some of the worst fuel efficiency ratings in the auto industry so adding start/stop tech to all its vehicles is a great way for them to up their fuel efficiency a bit.
post #6 of 39 Old 06-25-2014, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Fiat/Chrysler is putting this start/stop technology in the 200 and the Jeep Cherokee. Remember that Fiat also has some of the worst fuel efficiency ratings in the auto industry so adding start/stop tech to all its vehicles is a great way for them to up their fuel efficiency a bit.
Since when does FIAT have some of the worst fuel economy ratings in the industry? Their entire lineup is small cars...

If you mean the entire FCA empire then you need to consider that FCA is one of only a handful of automakers that sell vehicles that Actually do work. I mean condemn them all you want but RAM makes competent and capable vehicles that all play in part in fixing or building just about everything in North America.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves Stop Start doesn't return significant fuel savings, were talking 1% gains or less...
post #7 of 39 Old 06-25-2014, 06:11 PM

i think it might be time to bring in some numbers to really see where FCA vehicles sit when compared to their competition when it comes to gas mileage.
post #8 of 39 Old 06-26-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanova View Post
Since when does FIAT have some of the worst fuel economy ratings in the industry? Their entire lineup is small cars...

If you mean the entire FCA empire then you need to consider that FCA is one of only a handful of automakers that sell vehicles that Actually do work. I mean condemn them all you want but RAM makes competent and capable vehicles that all play in part in fixing or building just about everything in North America.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves Stop Start doesn't return significant fuel savings, were talking 1% gains or less...
I was referring to the whole FCA lineup, sorry if there was confusion.

I'm not so sure that FCA makes cars that "work" more so than other companies. A recent JD Power Survey found that Fiat Jeep and Chrysler were all pretty close to the bottom of the list in terms of quality. We can debate the exact merits of that study, but the fact is that other companies were able to get good grades, so it has to have a kernel of truth to it.

I also know that start-stop doesn't improve fuel economy that much, but it does a little, so why not make it standard in your cars to get that 1%? 1% is better than no percent.
post #9 of 39 Old 06-26-2014, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
I was referring to the whole FCA lineup, sorry if there was confusion.

I'm not so sure that FCA makes cars that "work" more so than other companies. A recent JD Power Survey found that Fiat Jeep and Chrysler were all pretty close to the bottom of the list in terms of quality. We can debate the exact merits of that study, but the fact is that other companies were able to get good grades, so it has to have a kernel of truth to it.

I also know that start-stop doesn't improve fuel economy that much, but it does a little, so why not make it standard in your cars to get that 1%? 1% is better than no percent.
FCA Makes RAM pickups, plus RAM and FIAT commercial vehicles. Those vehicles do a ton more work than your average hyundai. Stroll around to any local jobsite and you're likely to find at least one FCA vehicle. Thats the kind of work I'm talking about. Joe plumber is not going to show up in a Prius for example
post #10 of 39 Old 06-27-2014, 12:34 PM

hyundai's would shatter into pieces trying to do what one of those can do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page