Marchionne will step down as FCA CEO in 2018 - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #1 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Marchionne will step down as FCA CEO in 2018

Sergio Marchionne has announced that he will step down as the CEO of FCA in 2018. That perfectly lines up with the end of his big 5 year plan. He said:

Quote:
I am not going to do any more turnarounds. Im done; let some of the young punks do it. There are a number of things that the next CEO will do which are totally different from what I do.
Marchionne has seen success as the head of Fiat and now FCA. He oversaw the Chrysler-Fiat merger, and he is now concentrating on increasing revenue to 5 billion euros in 2018. The five year plan includes focusing on Jeep and revitalizing Alfa Romeo in North America.
post #2 of 11 Old 10-08-2014, 06:16 PM

Interesting. I wonder who will be taking over and how they could change things.
post #3 of 11 Old 10-09-2014, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I saw a list of some potential replacements. One of the ones that stood out to me was the head of Jeep, Michael Manley.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-09-2014, 04:05 PM

What are those things that the next CEO will have to do?
post #5 of 11 Old 10-09-2014, 04:36 PM

good get the man out, he's so unbelievably arrogant it boggles my mind. Essentially what he's saying is there is no one else on the face of this earth who could possibly do my job...
post #6 of 11 Old 10-10-2014, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well Marchionne will be leaving just as his 5 year plan ends. I guess the next CEO will make his own 5 year plan. I think that Marchionne has a pretty distinct management style, so things will probably change quite a bit when the next guy takes over.
post #7 of 11 Old 10-10-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanova View Post
good get the man out, he's so unbelievably arrogant it boggles my mind. Essentially what he's saying is there is no one else on the face of this earth who could possibly do my job...
It will be funny the day when some new CEO finally joins and does a far better job and gets noticed for it and even compare what he did to Marchionne.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-11-2014, 11:08 PM

MArchionne wont be out becasue the 5 year plan will never end... its a new one every 2 years...
post #9 of 11 Old 03-11-2015, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanova View Post
MArchionne wont be out becasue the 5 year plan will never end... its a new one every 2 years...
true
got to love how things work out in the end
post #10 of 11 Old 01-07-2016, 10:53 AM

Been reading about how well Jeep is doing, which makes that brands CEO the CEO of FCA even more of a sound idea, working some of that magic on Chrysler and Dodge should give them the boost they need.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page