Chrysler 100 Competition Discussion Thread: Chrysler 100 vs ? - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #1 of 15 Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Chrysler 100 Competition Discussion Thread: Chrysler 100 vs ?

What vehicles will the all-new Chrysler 100 be competing against?
post #2 of 15 Old 06-04-2014, 04:35 PM

So the Chrysler 100 is based off of the Dodge Dart. The Dodge Dart is a pretty affordable little vehicle. It starts at $15,995 and goes up to $22,495 for the top of the line model.

I was trying to figure out what you'd get from the top trim Dodge Dart compared to the entry-level Chrysler 100.

The Dodge Dart comes with a seven-inch "reconfigurable instrument cluster display," fog lamps, active grille shutters and premium accent stitching. As well as 18-inch alloys, sport suspension, more aggressive front fascia, dual exhaust, unique seat leather and a heated steering wheel.

It also gets a 2.4-liter Tigershark four-cylinder engine with 184 horsepower and 171 pound-feet of torque.

We will have to see what a base 100 will get you and cost you.
post #3 of 15 Old 06-05-2014, 12:16 PM

The Chrysler 100 will compete in the C-segment. Competitors include the Ford Focus sedan, upcoming new Chevrolet Cruze sedan, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, and VW Jetta.

From the Chrysler shareholder presentation on May 6, 2014:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 06-06-2014, 04:53 PM

Best of luck to Chrysler if they are attempting to unseat the Corolla or the Civic. I would hope that they can outdo the sales of the Jetta though. I feel that VW vehicles are really boring and generic. The styling of the Chrysler 100 should be enough to surpass the Jetta. The rest of the competition is pretty stiff.
post #5 of 15 Old 06-06-2014, 06:18 PM

no the big three never really care about the Japanese, their goal above all is to beat the others from Detroit!
post #6 of 15 Old 07-13-2014, 02:22 PM

At a certain point I think it is more about brand familiarity than it is about the quality of the vehicle. Even if the 100 looks amazing, it's hard to get people away from a Toyota, for example.
post #7 of 15 Old 07-20-2014, 09:10 AM

not true, this industry will always be about the product. People will flock to superior product..
post #8 of 15 Old 07-24-2014, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
^ that does work to an extent, i think toyota has had their fair share of issues that showed people that even they can have cars with serious issues and aren't always the most reliable.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-23-2014, 02:22 PM

The product has to be good but I think that brand loyalty means a lot to people. They won't switch brands unless they have a good reason to. If it ain't broke don't fix it, ya know?
post #10 of 15 Old 08-28-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
The product has to be good but I think that brand loyalty means a lot to people. They won't switch brands unless they have a good reason to. If it ain't broke don't fix it, ya know?
that is true
chrysler needs to make it well worth it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page