The Chrysler 100 vs. the Mazda3 - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The Chrysler 100 vs. the Mazda3

The Mazda3 has been heralded as a great car in this segment, so the Chrysler 100 will have to contend with it when it does hit the market. Since we don't have much info on the Chrysler 100 yet, I am going to go off of the info that we have on the Dodge Dart.

Dodge Dart / Chrysler 100

Base Engine: 1.4-liter I-4
Horsepower: 160 HP
Torque: 184 lb-ft
MPG: 22-28 city / 33-41 hwy
Price estimation: ~$18,000

Good Stuff: Comfortable seating, class-leading safety ratings, distinctive, sporty styling, good outward visibility, surprising interior space

Bad Stuff: Gas mileage only average, tire roar on certain roads, anemic base engine.

Mazda3

Base Engine: 2.0-liter 4-cylinder
Horsepower: 148 HP
Torque: 135 lb-ft
MPG: 30 city / 41 hwy
Price: $17,740

Good Stuff: Responsive powertrains, sporty profile, great handling, excellent gas mileage, premium feel.

Bad Stuff: Tight back seat, busy ride, road noise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Chrysler 100 will be a bit different from the Dodge Dart, who knows how it will be different now? Feel free to let us know if you do know something. The Mazda3's price is a bit lower than what we are expecting the 100 to be at, but again, we do not know what the actual price of the Chrysler 100 will be. The Chrysler 100 will probably be more powerful than the Mazda3, but there are other engine options available.

Have you guys considered going for the Mazda3 at all?
post #2 of 5 Old 07-17-2014, 03:02 PM

I am considering the Mazda actually, I think its one of the prettiest cars in segment easily. Its quite nimble and tossable, plus the power is so THERE. Really a joy to handle. Not the biggest fan of the electric steering however, and the interior is not exactly something you will fawn over.

We'll see, if the 100 can offer a great cabin It will certainly gain a leg up in my books, I just don't know if the 100 will be able to compete on looks and dynamics...
post #3 of 5 Old 07-18-2014, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I don't think it will measure up as far as dynamics go. The 200 interior was great so it may have a leg up on that. Could be a pretty tight contest depending on what the 100 comes out like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-18-2014, 05:33 PM

I mean don't get me wrong there are worse interiors out there...

I mean if the 100 is anything like the 200 its a a huge plus...

post #5 of 5 Old 07-26-2014, 06:25 PM

well seeing how the 200 is chryslers vehicle, it's going to be only natural that they keep that design language within the brand on other models like the 200, which the 100 is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page