Improving Chryslers Loyalty? - Chrysler 100 Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 24 Old 08-22-2014, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Improving Chryslers Loyalty?

Currently Chrysler has the second worst customer loyalty in the league, only "beating" the brunt of all jokes, Mitsubishi. Owners Loyalty is determined by current owners intent to buy a car of the same make again.

But don't take my word for it:

[quote]2. Chrysler
> Average loyalty: 22.72%
> 2014 Vehicle sales (Jan. – Jun.): 141,068 (17th lowest)
> Dependability – problems per 100 vehicles: 155 (9th highest)
> Manufacturer: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

Chrysler, like Dodge, is owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, and has had relatively strong sales in recent years. However, sales dropped nearly 14% between the first half of 2013 and the first half of this year year, from 163,839 to 141,068 — one of the largest declines among brands reviewed. Chrysler’s large sales drop and relatively poor ability to keep its consumers coming back may be due to tough competition and lack of variety among models. Fiat Chrysler Automobiles owns a number of other brands, which shoppers may be switching to as well. The manufacturer owns Ram, for instance, which has posted impressive sales figures in recent years and is the leader in customer loyalty.
[/quote]

Now how do we improve that? Well at face value one thing is abundantly clear, Chryslers lineup is SPARSE. With only the 200, 300 and Town and Country in the lineup unless the consumer intendeds to purchase the exact car come re up, theres not much choice on hand.

This is exactly where I see the 100 improving the fortunes of Chryslers Loyalty. For one the 100 is to be their entry level model, meaning they're will be on boarding new clients at a lower price point than before. What that means for their loyalty is they are more likely to grow with the company than out of the company. Consider the cadence from 100 to 20 to 300. It provides a lower rung for customers to enter the ecosystem.
post #2 of 24 Old 08-22-2014, 01:55 PM

Do you think that Chyrsler will try to make a higher end vehicle to give it's customers something to aspire to? Was that in the five-year plan?
post #3 of 24 Old 08-22-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Do you think that Chyrsler will try to make a higher end vehicle to give it's customers something to aspire to? Was that in the five-year plan?
I think they have the opportunity to do it, the Chrysler Aspen was a nice premium product from them, now i'd just like to see them do it again and much better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 08-23-2014, 02:11 PM

Looks like an old person car to me, but maybe they could update it nicely. I was thinking more of a sedan than a SUV.
post #5 of 24 Old 09-06-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post

Looks like an old person car to me, but maybe they could update it nicely. I was thinking more of a sedan than a SUV.
What would you consider to look like "old persons car"
post #6 of 24 Old 09-08-2014, 02:47 PM

I find the grille style pretty old fashioned, and I also think that the beige/gold color makes things look a lot older as well. I think an abundance of chrome also makes things look dated. Other than that it is just a gut feeling to the overall design.
post #7 of 24 Old 09-09-2014, 12:57 PM

True, it has a lot of things that does factor into that old person look. Being in white or black would have helped greatly.
post #8 of 24 Old 09-09-2014, 01:36 PM

I think its the grille design that is the main problem. Something that fits better with the 200's design language would probably be a better choice. A lot of these huge vehicles look a bit dated and ugly though. There isn't too much you can do with them design wise.
post #9 of 24 Old 09-12-2014, 03:44 PM

Not just that but the whole front fascia.

What ever their redesign is like, i hope it's along the lines of this:

post #10 of 24 Old 09-13-2014, 02:03 PM

Yea that looks a lot better. The new grille really makes a huge difference.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page