Will there be an AWD 100? - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #1 of 29 Old 05-30-2014, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Will there be an AWD 100?

I think AWD would be a great way to not only distinguish the 100 from the Dart, but also to impart a more premium feel to it. Figure that the same platform the 100 is based on is under both the KL cherokee and the 200 sedan, both of them are available with AWD setups. And if you think they are too big to share, consider that the KL Cherokee donated its AWD system to the Jeep Renegade. So if the system can move down from Jeep to Jeep why whouldnt the 200 be able to donate its AWD to the 100?
post #2 of 29 Old 05-30-2014, 04:33 PM

Thats not a bad idea and I think this is one of the more ideal cars for Canadians and of course they need AWD for winter, as well as well as americans in northern states. Is the Dart going AWD? How about the 200? They might be a good starting point for this.

post #3 of 29 Old 06-01-2014, 03:12 PM

They will probably make the AWD part of a higher trim level. There will be people who don't want it and just want a cheaper vehicle, but others will opt for the more expensive AWD model. I would depending on the price.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 Old 06-02-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
They will probably make the AWD part of a higher trim level. There will be people who don't want it and just want a cheaper vehicle, but others will opt for the more expensive AWD model. I would depending on the price.
How much more would you expect AWD cost over a FWD trim?

post #5 of 29 Old 06-02-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Thats what the Dart is for. FCA wants Chrysler to be a more premium feeling brand. No one has to buy AWD, but people want the choice. If the 200 is getting it I'd be very surprised if the system is not re purposed for the 100...
post #6 of 29 Old 06-02-2014, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Forgot to add that yes the Dart is in fact expected to get an AWD version, expected for MY 2016.

Quote:
Chrysler 100 and/or 100C appears to have been dropped from the plans, but we think that Dodge Dart might eventually move over to Chrysler.

The SRT Dart has been dropped for the moment, with a Dart R/T (above the GT) possible with milder but still formidable performance. All wheel drive, new four-cylinder engines, and a nine-speed automatic are both in the Dart’s future, possibly for calendar-year 2016.
Its the date thats in question not the components.
post #7 of 29 Old 06-14-2014, 05:04 PM

They say 2016 now, hopefully they stick to that

post #8 of 29 Old 06-16-2014, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by berkshire View Post
They say 2016 now, hopefully they stick to that
thats for the dart. Logically the 100 should get the AWD first to keep it feeling premium...
post #9 of 29 Old 06-17-2014, 04:33 PM

good to know
i hope it does, i can see the canadian market and parts of the usa needing it.

post #10 of 29 Old 06-22-2014, 03:15 PM

Makes a big difference in winter driving, so I think it would be a mistake not to include it. The 100 may be smaller than the 200 but I think they want to keep it at the same level of luxury.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page