2017 Chrysler 100 to Ride on Jeep Renegade's Platform? - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 05-29-2015, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2017 Chrysler 100 to Ride on Jeep Renegade's Platform?

The rumor mill is still swirling, and one thing to come out of it is the suggestion that the 2017 Chrysler 100 may be built on the Jeep Renegade's platform (which is also shared by the Fiat 500X) instead of the Dodge Dart platform.

The Dodge Dart runs on the Compact US Wide (CUSW) platform. The Jeep Renegade runs on the Small US Wide which is related to the GM Fiat Small (SCCS) platform.

If the Chyrsler 100 were to be built on the SCCS platform it would avoid looking like a badge engineered Dodge Dart. It would also prevent it from having too much similarity to the Chrysler 200 which runs on the CUSW platform.

As far as performance goes, the Chrysler 100 could benefit from both better handling and gas mileage by using the SCCS platform. That is because the SCCS platform is both smaller and lighter than the CUSW platform.

This information comes from an unknown source, simply referred to as "intel from Fiat-Chrysler," so we can only put so much stock in it. There are reasons why it could be true, but there have also been spy shots showing the 100 mule riding on what appears to be the CUSW platform. So I'll end off by telling everyone to take this rumor with a grain of salt.

post #2 of 4 Old 06-01-2015, 07:02 PM

I can honestly say I didn't see that coming, all along was expecting the Dart platform to be used as it seems to be the most relevant.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-03-2015, 04:57 PM

i am all for better handling and gas mileage especially gas mileage seems like they made the right call

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-05-2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
I can honestly say I didn't see that coming, all along was expecting the Dart platform to be used as it seems to be the most relevant.
The Dart is a heavy car and the platform is used for much larger cars as well. I could see FIAT moving towards the Renegades platform to save weight potentially. Again this is likely for the Dart redesign and its unlikely we see the 100 before then...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page