Chrysler 100 for 2016... - Page 2 - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #11 of 26 Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Does Chrysler have a reputation for quality when compared to Hyundai?
im not sure but at this point I think they might be around the same level.

post #12 of 26 Old 09-19-2014, 04:00 PM

Have either of them had some huge debacle? I don't hear much about either's quality, good or bad.

post #13 of 26 Old 09-23-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
you know, thinking about it longer we're probably not going to see the new 100 until we see the new updated dart which will be getting a full workover for 2016...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 Old 09-24-2014, 02:44 PM

Why do you say that? Could they not release the 100 first and then do the revamped Dart a little while after that? Is there a business reason why they would choose to do the Dart first?

(I ask so many questions :P)

post #15 of 26 Old 09-24-2014, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Why do you say that? Could they not release the 100 first and then do the revamped Dart a little while after that? Is there a business reason why they would choose to do the Dart first?

(I ask so many questions :P)
It makes no sense. Why launch the 100 on an outdated platoform? You then have two different formulas for manufacturing, keeping the two mechanically tethered allows them to exploit manufacturing advantages as well...
post #16 of 26 Old 09-24-2014, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanova View Post
you know, thinking about it longer we're probably not going to see the new 100 until we see the new updated dart which will be getting a full workover for 2016...
Good point.
At least with us being able to see that earlier, when we do see it, it could give us better idea of what to expect in the 100.

Fortunately for those that wanted a compact SRT vehicle, it can finally happen. I think with the outgoing Dart, there was a slim chance around it coming as an SRT model.

Quote:
Fiat Chrysler Automobile (FCA) unveiled its corporate five-year plan during its Investor Day this week, and amid a flurry of information, we learned that Dodge will give the Dart a mid-cycle update for 2017. The new model is scheduled to arrive in June of 2016 and will continue to be offered with front-wheel drive and a choice of naturally aspirated and turbocharged engines. Even better news is that a Dart SRT will join the lineup about six months later, with all-wheel drive and a “high-output” turbocharged engine.

Dodge hopes that the refreshed Dart will “leverage [its] positioning between compact and mid-size cars,” acknowledging its tweener status in the market. Other goals Dodge hopes to achieve with the new model are to update its styling and design, enhance its driving dynamics, and “align powertrain to brand DNA,” which we hope means “faster and more refined.” Whatever the end results are, we’re already looking forward to the refresh; we spent 40,000 miles with a Dart 1.4T (an engine almost completely excised from the lineup), and found many areas in which the car could be improved.

post #17 of 26 Old 09-26-2014, 04:21 PM

I just wouldn't wait for it to happen, rather just get what ever vehicle with performance features i want that is available or set to arrive. who knows if this will happen for sure.
post #18 of 26 Old 10-01-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
I just wouldn't wait for it to happen, rather just get what ever vehicle with performance features i want that is available or set to arrive. who knows if this will happen for sure.
I just get the feeling that as soon as I start to look into and seriously consider another vehicle, that will be the day that we hear that the 200 is coming out, and it will be too late for me.

post #19 of 26 Old 10-01-2014, 05:25 PM

So you don't have any set time frame to get a new car?
2016 is looking to be when it will come out.
post #20 of 26 Old 10-02-2014, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I just get the feeling that as soon as I start to look into and seriously consider another vehicle, that will be the day that we hear that the 200 is coming out, and it will be too late for me.
What other vehicles are you considering if any right now?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page