Dodge Dart Gets 5-Star NHTSA Safety Rating, Good News for the Chrysler 100 - Chrysler 100 Forum

post #1 of 25 Old 07-22-2014, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dodge Dart Gets 5-Star NHTSA Safety Rating, Good News for the Chrysler 100

The 2015 Dodge Dart just got a 5-Star safety rating from the NHTSA. It got 5 stars in the front and side crash tests, and it got 4 stars in the rollover crash test. That adds up to a five-star safety rating.

Safety features that the Dodge Dart has include: 10 airbags, electronic stability control, antilock brakes and traction control. Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-path detection are offered as optional safety features.

Given that the Dodge Dart is built on the same platform that the Chrysler 100 will be, I think that this spells good news. The Chrysler 100 will probably be a a nice and safe vehicle.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ty-rating.html

post #2 of 25 Old 07-22-2014, 02:41 PM

This is great news, i heard the Dart and 100 will be similar in many ways and hopefully this is one of them.

post #3 of 25 Old 07-23-2014, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well the Dodge Dart doesn't win over its competitors in any categories really, but now it has something to tout. Hopefully the Chrysler 100 can build on this and get a five star rating as well as topping its class in some other regards too. Nobody wants a sub-par car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 07-24-2014, 04:28 PM

I'd imagine that for them it's rinse wash repeat to an extent with the 100 seeing what they have done with the 200 and dart and how similar these 3 models will be.

post #5 of 25 Old 07-24-2014, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
But they are going to have to make improvements for the 100 since the Dodge Dart wasn't exactly impressive. Do you think they just don't care enough that they'd put out the same vehicle with a new body even though it had problems? I am hoping not.

post #6 of 25 Old 07-25-2014, 01:25 PM

Of course they will have to, they won't make everything the same but there will indeed be differences, I just not sure what exactly those will be, maybe as time goes on we may be able to say what these might be.

post #7 of 25 Old 07-25-2014, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I mean, having some spy shots that show us some clue as to what the body will look like would be a start in our quest to determine these differences.

post #8 of 25 Old 07-26-2014, 07:31 PM

yeah for sure, just wait for them to randomly hit the web one day.

post #9 of 25 Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
DOes the body make that much difference in crash testing though? Isn't it mostly the chassis?

post #10 of 25 Old 08-06-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
DOes the body make that much difference in crash testing though? Isn't it mostly the chassis?
the body helps slightly, it's just panels, really it's all in the frame

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chrysler 100 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page